Since I’ve been back in Washington, DC, I’ve ramped up my job search. Days have been spent looking through job sites to match up my skill set and desires to job descriptions. On more fortunate days, I have exchanged emails with hiring managers or representatives from the offices in which I wish to work. Since I’ve returned to DC, I’ve had some face to face interviews. I have also been very fortunate to have networking and career planning opportunities with amazing people. The above photo was taken by Victoria after an interview last week.
Be kind to yourself.
Welcome to my blog, where I hope to share my experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer over the next couple of years. I would like to start with my timeline.
- Completed application. (April 13th, 2015)
- Placed under consideration for Armenia, leaving in March 2016. (April 14th, 2015)
- Changed availability date, due to my brother’s wedding being scheduled in April 2016. (April 22nd, 2015)
- Withdrew application. (April 23rd, 2015)
- Completed (second) application. (May 1st, 2015)
- Placed under consideration for Swaziland, leaving in June 2016. (June 9th, 2015)
- Interview request. (June 19th, 2015)
- Interview. (July 7th, 2015)
- Invitation to Swaziland. (September 1st, 2015)
- Legal clearance packet sent, to receive legal clearance. (September 11th, 2015)
- Legal clearance packet returned to Peace Corps office. (November 13th, 2015)
- Comprehensive medical tasks assigned for me to complete, to receive medical clearance. (November 27th, 2015)
- Uploaded last medical clearance task. (February 2nd, 2016)
- Medically cleared, including dental clearance. (March 23rd, 2016)
- Travel booked to Philadelphia, PA for staging event. (May 17th, 2016)
I am currently clearing out my home of the past six years and packing up. I’m super excited!